Undecided

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Dear Olive,

Yesterday, Australia Decided. Only, we kind of didn't. It was the federal election and basically it was a Big Fat Let Down. So far, neither major party can claim a majority and, frankly, I find it depressing that so many people turned away from the ALP so quickly after the Ruddslide of the last election. (Don't they remember Sorry Day?) Walking around with you at lunchtime I felt odd. So much upheaval in our politics, but life just goes on as normal around us. People have coffees, sit in the sun, shop - does anything ever really change anything anyway? The best thing to come out of the election is the amazing support for the Greens. Who could have predicted so much vote and power would end up in the hands of this minority party? I do feel just a tiny bit proud of the little part I played.






1 comments:

Aimee said...

Hey Mate, I have been getting political myself of late, although I will email you about that. I am sad too that there was such a swing against labor. I remember sorry day, it was amazing.

 

dear olive © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger