The Day

Monday, January 31, 2011

Dear Olive,


All my stressing was for naught. You had a ball with with Nee Nee and Ree Ree (Anika and Roxy). And once I heard you were fine, I had a ball too. It really was so fun to be back at work, being me, without you. Me as I was before you, but with this new secret feeling that I had a little extra special something about me (that something, of course, being you!). But 11 hours is a long time and I was desperately aching for a cuddle by the end of it. Judging by your enthusiastic squeal of 'Mum!' when I walked in, you were excited for a cuddle too.


Miles from the delightfully busy chaos of a TV series costume department, it's business as usual for you and I today. The most important item on our agenda being how to stay cool on this insanely hot day. Being naked certainly helps. Tipping water over yourself is also a stellar idea.









PS Should I be concerned that we can count every one of your ribs?


PPS Thanks to everyone for their supportive comments about my day or work!

5 comments:

Jgee said...

So happy that the transition was a smooth one. Makes me feel better for when I go back in May. PS That little bottom and that cute pudgey stomach= too cute. x

- mUMmYkINs said...

11 hours - well done.. I am just building up time away in prep for my return to work in April - feeling pretty edge about it even though its only half time.. and I wouldn't worry about the ribs as there is such a cute little pot and bot there! Emma

CASPER said...

Oh gosh I am catching up on the goings on over here, so much news! Well done about the separation. The longest I've been separated from our little bean is 2 hours, and he was with his papa so it kind of felt ok. But a whole 11 hours, wow! Glad the universe delivered your wishes, it's pretty amazing how that works hey!

Tat said...

Counting ribs is what we do, too. Now that nappies are gone, I've had to go back to shorts size 000 for my 21-month-old daughter...

Sherman Unkefer said...

Cute photographs... Well done a bout the separation. :)

 

dear olive © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger