Four Fifteen

Sunday, July 14, 2013

Dear Olive, 
4:15am. The time my alarm rose me out of bed on Thursday. Sickeningly early, I think everyone will agree. The sun was no where in sight and it was cold and really quite lonely feeling like the only one in town unlucky enough to be getting ready for work.
4:15pm. The time we got to Centennial Park. The sun was disappearing and the air was wonderfully chilly and fresh and washed away my extreme tireds. The ducks and swans and geese were getting out of the water for the night. And everywhere I looked, amongst all the green, I saw red.
And so our days go by.









7 comments:

Anonymous said...

The idea of getting up at 4.15 does make me feel physically ill!
Glad the end of your days are more beautiful than their beginnings.

Katrina@capturingmoments said...

eeww that is early. but what a wonderful end to your long day. x

Astred*designcherry said...

Oh my gwad. What an awful wake up time. Glad you could wipe away te pain with a beautiful afternoon.

Alex Sunday said...

i'm not going to deny that 4.15am is a horrible horrible time to rise, but don't you love commuting before everyone else, before the city wakes up? i used to love that feeling when i lived in london (but these days i long for nothing but sleep!). and what a perfect way to end and balance your day.

Unknown said...

4:15am is terribly early, yet I find there's something a little magical about being up before the dawn. I love watching the light in our house change while preparing coffee & breakfast.
Glad your day wrapped up on a better note!

Sar xx

Accidental Lentil... said...

Looks like you almost had c park to yourselves. gorgeous wintery shots.

natalie said...

4.15am is just rude isn't it! Centennial Park..such a beautiful spot x

 

dear olive © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger