Breakfast of Champions

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Dear Olive,
On the weekends, we like to sit down to a family breakfast of eggs, avocado, whatever else we have lying around. But on the weekdays, for me, breakfast is typically this. Some yoghurt, a tablespoon each of sunflower seeds, chia seeds, pepitas and flaxseed oil, a shake of cinnamon, a handful of fruit, and a few drops of stevia. Really delicious, grain free, and filled with healthy (and essential) fats that will keep you sustained for hours (and which keep you looking young, too!). 
Breakfast of champions, I assure you. 


(My guru, Dr Mercola, wrote an article on the amazingness {not his word} of pepitas last week - read it here.)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now I miss yogurt, just haven't been able to adjust to soy yogurt!

Steph @ this brown wren said...

This is perfect!! Will be replicating this tomorrow morning. Thanks for sharing lovely and hope your week is grand xx ps. Any colour preference for miss Olive's pjs?

akenney said...

This looks fabulous, darling!

Imogen Eve said...

I've been in a bit of a breakfast slump recently, thanks for the inspiration.

Nikki Fisher said...

Sounds good to me! Do you eat totally grain free diet Kellie? The whole grain free thing has me intrigued, I'm tempted to give it a go for a while, not sure I want to cut them out completely forever. love to hear your thoughts x

 

dear olive © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger