zwischen / in-between

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Dear Olive,
I'm finding this period of waiting for my labour and my baby a deeply reclusive, emotional, and introspective time. One that is filled with a strange mix of frustration and calmness. I felt it as a definite shift around 38 weeks pregnant; I stopped wanting to be social, and instead just wanted to wait in private. Time to just be.

My lovely friend Jodi mentioned the concept of zwischen/between to me in a comment on my waiting, waiting post, and then beautiful Ash sent me the link to THIS article. I read it sitting on the grass at South Bondi, overlooking a calm grey sea. And I cried and cried.

PS For anyone who is thinking of texting "is there any news?" ... please don't. There's not. But we'll be sure to let you know when there is.


9 comments:

Nell said...

Thank you so much for sharing that article, Kellie. It's beautiful and resonates so deeply. I've just got a couple more things to cross off my list and then I feel I'll be ready to sit back and wait...but I can't help but hope for not too much waiting! Hope you're feeling strong and ready for birth, much love xxx

Imogen said...

Oh shit. I was literally 'that person'. Sorry… x

Ellen Arthur said...

Hang in there! Before you know it you will be smelling newborn baby breath and snuggling into soft baby skin :) xx

Rin said...

I remember these days with such bittersweet emotion. Such a beautiful time to be a mother.
Enjoy the calm before the flood. :)

Unknown said...

aaaah. The wait will soon be over.

Big hug for you.

Leanne said...

I spent most of my waiting time watching psycholigical dramas on day-time tv. My Mum thought I'd had a pre baby breakdown ;)

Leanne xx

Joanna said...

yes, I was the same... I remember people asking to catch up before bubs arrived, and I just didn't have the energy. I just wanted to go inward and be quiet and close to home. Enjoy that time to 'just be' and we look forward to hearing the news! xx jo

Elisa {With Grace and Eve} said...

The waiting can require so much of our energy! So hard to surrender when there's so much anticipation. Sending love your way xx

::The Beetle Shack:: said...

seriously, don't get me started on the 'any news', 'how you feeling' texts. In fact, any human contact AT ALL would see me seething for at least, oh, 8 months of pregnancy and 6 weeks post birth.

YOU ARE WONDERFUL KELLIE

xx

 

dear olive © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger