weekend menu

Friday, August 8, 2014

Dear Olive,
We're going away with a bunch of friends this weekend (we're staying here - doesn't it look fabulous?). I'm looking forward to a few slow bush walks (I hope this weather holds!) and relaxing in front of the fire.  And possibly a spa. There's an allocated roster for food and we're on duty for one breakfast and one dinner. I'm thinking this lovely sounding baked fetta with walnuts and honey as a starter (or an afternoon snack) would be great. A friend made Pete Evans Balinese roast chicken and said it was the best chicken she's ever had, so I'll make that for dinner with a salad and roast potatoes. I haven't made a tarte tatin in years and I think it might be time again! Or perhaps a trusty Stephanie Alexander crumble? (I've always loved the ground ginger in her crumble topping.) I'm looking forward to enjoying a champagne, too! (For anyone interested, here's the ABA's take on drinking alcohol and breastfeeding.)
Happy weekend, friends.


5 comments:

ashley said...

you had me at ginger crumble (well, that and champagne) x

ashley said...

you had me at ginger crumble (well, that and champagne) x

Rin said...

Sounds like a good weekend!

Unknown said...

Oh goodness, I so need a weekend like this! Have fun and enjoy. (btw, baby uggs...you are killing me!)

Imogen Eve said...

Thanks for posting the link to the ABA's guidelines for drinking and breastfeeding. I've been breastfeeding for the past 4 years (3 bubs), and I never, ever knew that! I've just been really sober.

Hope you've had a wonderful weekend. (:

 

dear olive © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger