endings and beginnings

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Dear Olive,
There were tears all round when we dropped you off at school for the first time. It took me completely by surprise, and I felt forlorn and worried for the rest of the day. But, of course, you were all smiles when I picked you up - you were even awarded a sticker for great behaviour, and are (apparently) looking forward to going back tomorrow. Wait, tomorrow? It was such a big build up to today, it half feels like it's 'over' and not at all that we have to get back up and do it again tomorrow ... and then the day after that, and the day after that ... I think I'll need some time to adjust - and most likely you will, too. Because while today marks an exciting new and momentous beginning, it feels like something important has also ended. 
Education is a gift, and I'm so excited to see what you do with yours.


3 comments:

Katrina@capturingmoments said...

You wrote my next post for me ;) something definitely ended and surely began yesterday, and today, and tomorrow. Is it just me or were they all a little bigger when we picked them up from school yesterday?

Nell said...

Makes me teary just reading that Kellie xxx

Amanda said...

I found when Grace began going five days a week to school last year, it took me a good half year to adjust to my new role as a school Mum... for a little while, everything to do with our new routine felt so different and I felt a bit lost. But as time went on, I came to accept our new 'normal' in which the school bell had reign over our days and instead, our mornings together, afternoons chatting about our days over an after school snack and books and cuddles before bedtime became all the more special xx

 

dear olive © All rights reserved · Theme by Blog Milk · Blogger